2011-05-19

How to fix flickering flash videos in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I've experienced flickering flash videos in Firefox 4 and Chromium 11 under Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal (amd64). Luckily I've found a solution for this problem at some other blog. You have to upgrade the flash player from version 10.1 to 10.3-beta. To do so, remove the Adobe Flash Player using the Ubuntu Software Center and then install the latest beta by entering the following commands in the terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sevenmachines/flash
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install flashplugin64-installer

Thanks to danielj.se for this solution.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I tried, but doing that I just use the Ubuntu Software Center to find Adobe Flash Player as you suggest and plugging shows up, then I just installed, boom problem, solved.

    ReplyDelete